Friday, August 19, 2011

Seeing Red

On this particular day I was "seeing red" because after a long, wet walk to and from the Grand Place, in part because I'm always curious to see what Manneken Pis is wearing (more on him in a future post), we discovered our neighborhood bistro had just closed for summer vacation. Since our two back-up bistros were also closed, this meant we had more walking to do for my daily verre de vin blanc and my husband's other blonde (Leffe beer!). When you hear European cities practically shut down in August, it's sadly true for those left behind. No matter, I appreciate that businesses care about the well-being of their employees and not just in making a profit... and we love the colorful neighborhood of Châtelain! After just a few blocks, on Avenue Louise, I was "seeing red" again, this time literally. It's one of my favorite colors and has a way of popping-out at you, doesn't it?




3 comments:

  1. RED! My favorite! From a non-French speaker, thanks for stating what the red sign said. The brooch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled it. It means red poppy. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Spanish? I learned something new today :-)

    ReplyDelete